Monday, August 13, 2007

We have Tiles!!!

JF and I had a great surprised when we passed by the house this weekend. They had begun the painting and the tiling was almost finished. All the floor tiling seems complete and only the grout on the bathtub and in the shower is left to finish.

I was initially worried about the bathroom. We had decided to stick with standard choices for the tiles to avoid some insane costs, but the bathroom tiles that were available were a bit limited, I was afraid they may look cheese because they were in fact, just simple gray tiles. In my opinion though, the bathroom looks awesome and definitely not cheesy. Once in their environment and with the light, I find it almost looks like slate.

The tiles on the first floor also look awesome. Here is a picture of our main floor powder room. These are the same tiles as the entrance, the kitchen and in front of teh fireplace

I’m so excited they started the finishing. The cabinetry should be in by the end of august, and I am assuming the hard wood floors and carpets will be in before that.

I can’t wait to see the final product and of course I can't wait to finally move in. Hopefully everything turns out as well as the tiles. I am keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

No comments: