Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Marina

J-f and I took a walk down to the marina that is being built in our development. We bought the house in February and at that time, the marina was still in the planning phase. Since we don’t own a boat, it didn't occur to us to ask for plans. A marina just sounded fancy and posh to us. When we visualized it, we both visualized a yacht club like complex, maybe with a nice cafĂ© I could go sit at and enjoy the view of the river (OK, I visualized the cafe not JF). , but so far however, it looks like the marina is just a plain old dock you can tie a boat to.

This being said, when we got down there it was awesome. They built a little gazebo, but what was really impressive was the view. It’s amazing that we are only 3 minutes from the city and yet it’s all so peaceful and beautiful. I can’t wait to get my kayak and put it in the water.

Here are some of the pics


No comments: